2 tbsp olive oil
454g packet low-fat sausages, cut into big chunks
2 onions, roughly chopped
3-4 Bay leafs
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato purée
1 tbsp bouillon powder (powdered stock)
1 tbsp paprika
good pinch of sugar
4 medium floury potatoes, cut into large chunks
2 big handfuls shredded spring greens
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan and fry the sausage chunks until evenly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Mix the remaining oil with the onions in the pan and cook over a high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown. Pour in the tomatoes, stirring in the bits from the bottom of the pan, then add the tomato purée.
3. Fill the can up with water twice and pour the water into the pan. Sprinkle in the bouillon powder, paprika, bay leafs and sugar and plenty of salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to the boil.
4. Tip the potatoes into the pan, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Drop in the shredded greens and sausages and gently heat for 5 minutes or until the greens are tender. Taste for seasoning before serving.